Mitch has the ability to successfully engage people with unstructured data utilizing computer programming, cloud based connectivity, report interpretation, creative problem solving and communication skill. He is a seasoned professional in facilitating the assessment, analyzing, planning, implementation and evaluation of organizational information and data as related to the activities of business intelligence.
Service Management Group
1737 McGee · Kansas City, MO 64108 · smg.com
April 2013 to Present
Maintaining all information systems including set up, testing and implementing new processes, training employees, report writing, extracting and verifying information as needed. Analyzing procedures, processes and problems to automate or improve the client reporting system. Writing detail descriptions of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify internal computer applications.
Essential Job Experience:
- Work with multiple project teams and clients to determine programming project specifications, work plans, quality assurance plans, and timelines for client projects.
- Create, populate, and maintain database objects as needed for projects.
- Perform programming and/or program maintenance according to project specification.
- Test, debug, repair, and retest programs. Continues this iterative process until programs are error free.
- Assist other staff on projects, both internal and client related, that are not direct assignments.
- Provide mentoring to less experienced developers.
- Create custom SSIS and SSRS reporting solutions for larger or more advanced client projects.
- Secondary responsibilities include programming for internal projects and external projects in various languages such as C#, T-SQL, VBA.
- Provides general technical advice and support to internal and external clients.
Information System Specialist
11100 West 82nd Street · Lenexa, KS 66214· inkcycle.com
April 2010 to April 2013
Maintaining all information systems including set up, testing and implementing new processes, training employees, report writing, extracting and verifying information as needed. Analyzing procedures, processes and problems to automate or improve the ERP system. Writing detail descriptions of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify internal computer applications.
Essential Job Experience:
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail, operations to be performed by personnel interacting with ERP system. Reduced the need for external data processes.
- Assist in resolution of work problems related to flow charts, project specifications or programming with the engineering staff. Development of internal intranet for information sharing and process approvals.
- Maintaining database integrity of Oracle 11g and SQL Server 2008 information.
- Developed SQL Server Reporting Service and Crystal business intelligence reports.
- Code modification of database packages in ERP utilizing PL/SQL.
- Modifying in house applications developed in VB.NET and C#.
- Plan and prepare technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of program development. Report writing for KPI usage.
- Assist in system upgrades, identify and enter basic data, test and correct errors in implementation of ERP system.
- Prepare time and cost estimates for projects and product sales. Train users on software and equipment usage. Develop, implement, maintain and test disaster recovery plans.
Independent Consultant / IT Integration
January 2009 to Present
Providing content and system design development for commercial websites, by utilizing CSS, jQuery, XML, HTML5 and database integration into backend processes. Establishing cloud based computing, app building, DB design and web service API. Consulting for lean computing directives. Assisting organizations with their "Green" and “Lean” initiatives.
Essential Job Experience:
- Integrating point of sale systems with e-commerce solutions. Developed online shopping customization of purchasing experience for returning customers.
- Redesigned network communications within customer’s requirements, saving over 40% annual costs on technology services.
Chief Technical Officer / Web Designer / Content Developer
Educational Resources, Inc.
8910 West 62nd Terrace · Merriam, KS 66202 · eriworld.com
(acquired by Assessment Technologies, Inc. · atitesting.com)
July 1991 to December 2008
Ensured the IT department served the business needs of the executive management, and all other departments in the organization through the efficient and effective development and deployment of company information technologies resources. Facilitated vendor management, resource attainment, contract negotiation, and provide executive management current and future budget considerations. Monitored new technologies and assessed the potential to become new products or services to assist with university admissions, skills assessment and comprehensive testing services.
Essential Job Experience:
- Developed edutainment applications for student knowledge assessments with integration into Content Management Systems; WebCT, Blackboard, Drupal, Joomla.
- Developed and maintained optical mark recognition technology for paper and pencil assessments.
- Maintain software code for diagnostic scoring applications utilized by colleges and universities.
- Expert knowledge and support of all in house developed applications.
- Provided statisticians with detailed report generation and data warehousing in SPSS.
- Provided E-commerce solutions and integration into ERP utilized within .NET technology utilizing a unified login framework.
- Developed and maintained source code for secure B2B corporate website and backend processes.
- Generated business reports using Crystal Reports, PDF and MS-Excel.
- Assisted with B2B marketing strategies utilizing Google Analytics for website optimization.
- Reviewed web metric data to determine impact on the operation of IT department. Provided recommendations regarding future IT needs and implementation plans to the executive staff.
- Reviewed and evaluated Information Technology effectiveness, goal determination, and strategic planning, etc., and made recommendations for improvement.
- Management of IT Help Desk and Knowledgebase content resources.
- Interviewed and screened all applicants. Supervised personnel including hiring, performance management and initiating corrective and/or disciplinary actions.
- Developed and managed custom products for client distribution. Documented all SOP processes.
- Successfully transitioned all clients’ student accounts from desktop software to browser based testing.
- Developed and authored user guides for clients in testing centers and learning labs.
- Co-author and editor of the Nurse Entrance Test (NET) Study Guide. Yearly revenue sales of 2 million dollars.
- Created all standardized assessment’s diagnostic student and group reports for universities and colleges generating a 13 million yearly revenue.
Programmer / Analyst / Financial Advisor
Commercial Monetary Development, Inc.
7920 Ward Parkway · Kansas City, MO 64114
December 1988 to July 1991
Responsibilities include program design, coding and debugging, writing software manuals, system testing and implementation of programs in a personal computer environment. Involved in research and development of new programming procedures and procurement of new systems for the company. Consultant in the use and application of several software packages on the IBM and MacIntosh computer. Trained other employees to more efficiently use their PC software and computer system.
Video Hardware Technician
Business Communications, Inc.
1140 Cambridge Circle ·Kansas City, KS 66103
July 1988 to December 1988
Responsible for setting up and linking video and computer hardware for Focus Software sales seminars throughout the continental United States. Sole representative of the company in the major Midwestern and Eastern U.S.cities.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science and Mathematics, September 1985 to May 1988
University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, Missouri
Undergraduate Study in Computer and Electrical Engineering, September 1982 to May 1985 University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
Operating Systems/DB: Windows XP/Vista/7/Mobile/IIS/Server/SQL Server/Exchange, Oracle 9i/11g, Novell, Linux/Apache
Software Applications: Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server Reporting Services, Adobe, Dreamweaver, Eclipse, InDesign, Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Imageready, Acrobat, Premiere, Captivate, Freehand, Extension Manager, Bridge; Microsoft - Access, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visual Sourcesafe; Lotus - Wordpro/Amipro, Approach, 123; Quark Xpress, Crystal Reports, Soundforge, Toolbook II, Questionmark Perception, SPSS
Hardware: NCS Opscan, Rimage Duplicators, DPS Velocity, AVID, Siemens Bookscanners, Canon Imagerunner
References available upon request · Career relocation and travel ready